The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) and National Rifle Association (NRA) invite all qualified 2015 Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) and Scholastic Pistol Program (SPP) athletes to apply for the SSSF / NRA All-Scholastic Team.
“The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation promotes youth development and well-rounded student athletes through our SCTP and SPP programs, and this is just another way we like to recognize our athletes for performance on the range AND in the classroom,” said Ben Berka, SSSF Executive Director.
Please note that the application deadlines and some requirements have changed.
Requirements for application are as follows:
- Must be 2015 registered athletes in good standing with SCTP or SPP
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 grade point average. Applications must include transcript through the last grading period ending on or before April 1, 2015.
- Must meet one of the following shooting qualifications:
- SCTP (skeet or trap) – achieved 190/200 targets (or equivalent in lesser target format) in a competition between April 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015
SCTP (sporting clays) – achieved 170/200 targets (or equivalent in lesser target format) in a competition between April 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015
SCTP (bunker trap, international skeet, or international doubles trap) – achieved 110/125 targets in a competition between April 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015
SPP – achieved a total match score of 75 seconds or less in an SPP match between April 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015
- Must supply two letters of recommendation from a coach, teacher, or adult third party
Deadline for applications is April 3, 2015.