SASP Seeks Director of Development for International Disciplines
The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) is seeking a highly motivated individual to assume the role of Director of Development for the Scholastic Action Shooting Program (SASP). The successful candidate will be responsible for growing and supporting SASP member teams.
The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF), is a 501c (3) not-for-profit organization and is the national leader in youth development shooting sports programs. Using a combination of education and athletics our mission is to enhance the growth and personal development of student athletes throughout the nation through the shooting sports.
Through a variety of fun, team-based shooting events in both our Scholastic Action Shooting Program (SASP), and Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP), we provide student athletes aged elementary through college with a supportive environment where shooting sports serve as catalysts for teaching life lessons and skills that emphasize positive character traits and citizenship values. Throughout all training, practice and competitions, we instill in our participants a commitment to safe firearm handling, teamwork and leadership.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for member growth of the program by recruiting new teams and retaining existing programs.
- Work with and develop Regional Field Representatives (RFR) and State Advisors in order to grow the SSSF’s action shooting sports in a grass-roots fashion.
- Provide training, key information and resources for RFRs, State Advisors and coaches within respective region.
- Find and develop state advisors and other key groups in states who can positively influence and grow local member-teams and support coaches on a daily basis.
- Provide support for program competitions. Consult with RFRs, state advisors and coaches as needed to ensure leagues, local matches, regional matches and state matches are successful. Recruit local volunteer match directors (MD) for other regional and state championship events and work closely with volunteer MDs to ensure events are conducted in accordance with SSSF standards.
- Ensure teams are registered with and are using the SSSF SHOT data system for managing athletes and events.
- Serve as on-site MD and/or assistant MD for all national-level events and some regional events as necessary.
- Develop leads and provide support for program fundraising efforts. Assist National Director to plan and conduct fundraisers such as raffles, banquets, etc. which benefit local teams and the national organization. Ensure all national fundraising remains compliant with local, state and national regulations.
- Assist National Director in soliciting industry and other national-level sponsorship.
- Work closely with the National Director to develop annual program budget and monitor program income and expenses against the budget.
- 2+ years experience as shooting coach and/or state advisor
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role managing volunteers
- 2+ years experience in successfully managing shooting competitions
- Prior experience in fundraising
- Prior experience as a volunteer shooting sports or other youth sports coach
- Prior experience successfully developing grassroots, volunteer-based programs
- Working knowledge of international pistol and rifle shooting sports disciplines
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work remotely as a team player
- Familiarity with international shooting sports registration and scoring software programs
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Send Resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Rick Leach via email at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. First round of interviews planned for first week of December.